Position Title: Service Repair Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Fleet Services, Contracts and Procurement
Reports To: Fleet Services Supervisor
Summary of Position: Determine the required or requested repairs for INTREN vehicles and equipment and communicate status back to customer.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Determines the best repair option and prioritizes to meet our teammates needs.
* Assists management with day to day logistics including job scheduling, technician scheduling and response to requested services.
* Sets priorities, assign work to appropriate personnel, and sets schedules for completion of work with guidance from Fleet Services Manager.
* Triages inbound calls, emails and directly contacts customers to obtain all necessary information to schedule and respond to requested services.
* Dispatches techs and/or subcontractors for service/breakdown in field in all locations
* Creates work orders for incoming repairs and upfitting of equipment
* Updates all information in data base and manage status of repairs
* Communicates to Shop Manager incomplete status information or notes from technicians
* Assists with scheduling of Preventative Maintenance and Annual Inspections
* Enforces and administers policies & procedures governing fleet management operations
* Monitors all paperwork for accuracy, required information and compliance.
* Maintains and updates various database files accurately and timely to ensure the dashboard is up to date.
* Performs other duties as requested
Desired Minimum Qualifications: Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer literacy. Ability to multi-task is essential. Must be self-starter and have the ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
* High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
* Must have experience in customer service environment
* Mechanical and technical background related to the equipment and type of repairs required
* Responsible for determining the best repair option based on time, cost and productivity
* Knowledge of current trends and technological developments pertaining to vehicle operations and maintenance
* Knowledge of applicable Department of Transportation Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
* Must have knowledge of principles and practices of management, budgeting, cost control
* Excellent computer skills in Microsoft programs, including Word and Excel. Ability to learn new software programs
* Must be highly organized, able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and meet varying deadlines
The preceding Position Description is not an all-inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this Position. INTREN, Inc. Reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of any Position. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies while employed.