Manufacturing Maintenance Worker
Location: Mundelein, IL
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time
Larsen Manufacturing, founded in 1999, is a family-held, precision metal fabrication and stamping manufacturer that has built its business on quality product that exceeds customer expectations. The company prides itself on innovative metal solutions using state of the art equipment and technologies to help our customers achieve their product requirements.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance worker whose primary function will be maintenance throughout the Larsen Manufacturing Plant. This position requires the knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronics (PLC), Hydraulics, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Carpentry, Welding, Machining and Fabricating.
The position also requires proficiency in trouble shooting the before listed categories. Stamping Equipment maintenance experienced preferred. This position also requires knowledge in all forms of Machinery, Building Maintenance, Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, and Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, and Power Tools. Our ideal candidate would be energetic, a quick learn, and ready to grow alongside Larsen Manufacturing!
Responsibilities will include:
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Must have excellent housekeeping skills and of shop safety at all times.
* Preferred High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Metal Stamping Punch Press Set Ups (20-300 tons)
* Experience and Knowledge with: Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Wintriss and Link System Press Controls.
* Also has to have knowledge in all forms of machinery and building maintenance.
* Forklift certification or knowledge of forklift, will be certified through our company if needed.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, bilingual a plus.
* Must be able to work as a team member and not an individual
* Dependable and on time.
* Strong planning and organizational skills along with flexibility and the ability to make decisions
* Must be able to lift 50lbs.
* Hourly wage will be based on experience and management approval ($18-$22/Hour Based on Experience)
* Will report directly to VP of Operations
* First shift 6: 30 am to 3: 30 pm
* Must be willing to work overtime when required.