Addison, IL 60101
Job involves wheeling/rolling various size bins across floor to granulator and or paper shredder. Bins vary in weight with the maximum bin weight in the paper shredding area of approximately 350 lbs. Maximum bin weight in the granulator area is approximately 525 lbs. All bins have wheels for transport. Bins are pushed and secured onto automated electric lift platform. Technician activates lift mechanism for bin to be emptied into granulator / shredder. Technician removes empty bin. Technicians in granulator area may also lift / carry boxes of electronic media and place into granulator.
Protective footwear is required and shall meet ASTM F2413-11 Standard Specification for Performance Requirements for Protective ( Safety) Toe Cap Footwear and have a slip-resistant rating designated as Better or Best
Job Summary/Work Schedule
Normal Work Schedule: 5 days a week, 9 hours a day including 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks.
- Must have attention to detail and constantly be aware of surroundings
- Must comply to all safety requirements while in the facility including wearing high visibility vest, safety glasses and other safety equipment (all supplied by Iron Mountain)
- Must be ambulatory including the ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push and pull wheeled, plastic bins and manually sort items in bin;
- Must be able to unload boxes from pallets and empty boxes weighing up to 50lbs into the shredder or collection area
** Attire must be presentable and appropriate for the working environment**